From the thorough response to my Napoleonic Guide Forum query, I hope you can assist me in cross referencing military districts and their commanders.
1. Where was the Severn district? I located a Severn river in Gloustershire, but this may not be relevant. What was the major municipality in 1811-1812?
2. What district did Lieutenant General Francis Dundas command in late spring-early summer 1812? Where is the district geographically?
3. Who commanded the military district that included Portsmouth, Gosport, and the Isle of Wight in late spring-early summer 1812?
4. Who commanded the military district that included Greater London, or the south-by-southwestern approach to London in late spring-early summer 1812?
5. I found a reference to Lieutenant General Banastre Tarleton being disappointed training "home guards" during this period. Apparently, miltary districts included entities not in the regular army. Please give me a rough idea of the extent and numbers of the home guard.