Napoleon Series Archive 2003

Mutiney at Avesnes

Recently, in my research on the 101st regt. d'infanterie, I discovered the existence of an article I am very interested in reading. Unfortunately, to date, the inner library loan service at my local university has been unable to locate a copy. I am hoping someone will be able to offer some assistance in locating the periodical. The article in question is "Les consequences d'une mutinerie militaire a Avesnes en 1790" by C.N.Pelrisot and was published in Societe Archeologique et Historique de l'arrondissement d'Avesnes. Memoires Avesnes XV. The reference for this piece did not incidate either the year of publication or the number of pages.

Most references regarding the incident at Avesnes only mention it in passing. However the disorder lasted three days, resulted in a mass desertion ( Susane said 600, other 400 ) and caused the regiment to be relocated further east. I am hoping Pelrisot's article will provide some information concerning the issues which led to the insicent and some additional references. Many thanks.

Messages In This Thread

French Penal Regiment Organization
Re: French Penal Regiment Organization
Mutiney at Avesnes
Re: Memoires Avesnes