Napoleon Series Archive 2004

Re: Ranks- Thanks to all
In Response To: Re: Ranks ()

I Ron

In Portuguese I know what it means, the problem is that I couldn’t find a word in English that express the same thing.
Technically, is exactly a supernumerary, but I think that Caroline is right. The word could be "attached" . I was thinking in the word “ second”, but attached is better.
I though also in “Add”, as Jeff tells, but this could be complicated, because it could be understood wrongly.
I will keep the “attached” with a foot note explaining the meaning – as supernumerary and all.

To all, many thanks.

Just a note.
I contacted the AHM in Lisbon and they don’t allow to take any more copies of the calendars. They tell me that is only to be read there. That is complete crazy, because author rights don’t exist anymore, and even in official documents, that don’t apply.
I have now a problem to find copies of the military calendars, as you know, in Portugal reprints is a thing that don’t exist.

I found last week a very rare book that I bought “- História do Exército Português Editorial Inquérito, by General Martins, Luís Ferreira Lisboa, 1945”.

But those kind of books, calendars, and manoeuvre instructions are very rare to find.

Messages In This Thread

Ranks
Re: Ranks