Napoleon Series Archive 2004

Some time back I translated an order from Duroc to A Mr du Bongard (or BOUGARD?) and thought it might be of interest in respect to what was expected of a Imperial ADC. as follows, By order of S.M... Mr du Bongard officer d'ordonnance will go to Ostroda to Marshal Davout,should there be anything new, he would come and bring the news to S.M. straight away. If there is nothing new, he will continue his journey and go to Allenstein where Morands division is posted, Again should there be anything new, he would come back to S.M., otherwise he will go to Neidemburg where General Zayonchev? is stationed and finally if there is nothing new or anything requiring him to get back urgently to S.M. he will go to Willemberg where Gazans division is posted. Everywhere he will enquire about the situation of the troops and how they live, and everywhere too he will give news about the seige at Dantzick and about S.M. trip to Marienburg and Dirckaw?, signed Duroc, 26th april 1807.....I belive S.M is Napoleon(Sa Majeste). As for Mr Bongard I cannot find info on him, also in the order S.M.location in not mentioned but as an ADC he must know where SM is at any given time.I also find it interesting he does not go only to Davout but to each commander in turn.

Messages In This Thread

Re: 1807