Napoleon Series Archive 2006

Re: A Polish Peninsular War source

Jonathan,

I have checked everything available to me. No luck with the French title. It is quite possible that it is a periodical off-print. My Pohler set is still in storage. Does it give a place and date of publication? If not, I suspect an off print. Sometimes Pohler provides a translation of the title rather than the correct title, but this is not common. He was working from printed library catalogs. Sometimes one can tell which catalog by the grouping of titles.

Regarding the Polish text: It covers pp 515-547 of the work cited. The portion concerning Fuengirola covers pp. 518-531. As can be seen there is some material prior to and more after the battle. I can provide a copy of the Polish text concerning the battle by e-mail.

Steve

I found the following two works (the first is in the Biblioteque National) of possible interest. The second one, published in London, is quite common:

Pradzy˝nski, Ignacy. Genera│l Ignacy Pr╣adzy˝nski. Ks. Jˇsef Poniatowski. Fuengirola. Zakon niemiecki. Berezyna. Z rŕekopisu poda│l Dr. W. úlopaci˝nski. Warszawa: G│lˇwna Ksiegarnia Wojskowa, 1920. 72 p., fig., cartes et plans; 8vo. Note: Bibljoteczka Legzonisty. Rok 1920. XVI-XVII. BN: Tolbiac - Rez-de-jardin - magasin 8- Z- 21699 support : livre

Kujawski, Marian. Z bojˇw polskich w wojnach napoleoÔnskich: Maida-Somosierra-Fuengirola-Albuera. Londyn, Nakl. Polskiej Fundacji Kulturalnej, 1967. 344 p. illus., maps, plan, tables. 21 cm. Note: Includes bibliographies.

Messages In This Thread

A Polish Peninsular War source
Copies sent. *NM*
Thanks Steve *NM*