Napoleon Series Archive 2009

Wellington’s Dispatches Enlarged Edition: A Query

Hi, I have a query relating to Wellington’s Dispatches Enlarged Edition Volume the Fourth: Appendix French Correspondence. If anyone can help, I'd be very grateful ...

From Google: The dispatches of Field Marshal the Duke of Wellington: during his various campaigns in India, Denmark, Portugal, Spain, the Low Countries, and France. By Arthur Wellesley Wellington, John Gurwood
Published by Parker, Furnivall, and Parker, 1844. The item notes state vol iii but from the document itself it would appear to be "Volume the Fourth" - http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=QjXSAAAAMAAJ

If any one could help with this query, it would be much appreciated. I have been working on some correspondence available in the enlarged edition of Wellington’s Dispatches, volume the fourth (1844), specifically from the Appendix containing French correspondence. In particular, I have been looking at two documents:

1) Firstly on pp 811-812

No. XII. (p. 451.)

Rapport de l’'Intendant Gén. Lambert a S. A. le Prince de Wagram et de Neufchâtel, Major Général, sur la situation de I'Armée de Portugal. Viseu, le 23 Sept. 1810.

2) Secondly, starting on p 812

No. XIII. (pp. 308, 404.)

Le Maréchal Masséna, Prince d'Essling, Due de Rivoli, a S. A. le Prince de Wagram et de Neufchâtel, Vice Connétable, Major Général. Coimbra, ce 4 Oct. 1810

1) Can anyone tell me if either of these documents are available in the earlier version of the dispatches, I don’t seem to be able to find them? 2) Can anyone confirm that these documents (together with the other correspondence in this appendix) were only presented within this enlarged version of the dispatches? 3) Provide any reasons as to why this might be?

Sorry for such a long post and three quite complicated queries. It's quite a tall order I know, but I would appreciate any help anyone can offer.

Best wishes

Anthony

Messages In This Thread

Wellington’s Dispatches Enlarged Edition: A Query
Musical Books.