Napoleon Series Archive 2009

Senarmont's guns at Friedland

Salve

Looking at Revue d'Arillerie 1891, tome 38 pages 357 / 358 - Senarmont (without ´) gives for his left and right batteries the identical amount of guns, in each

Pièces de 6 : 10
Pièces de 4 : 2
Obusiers de 5 pc 7 l : 3

comparing the situation du matériel à l'époge du 1er mai 1807, by Songis, page 578 / 579 of the work by Lechartier : Le Services de l'Arrière à la Grande Armée en 1806 - 1807, Paris 1910 - Songis lists other guns in the possesion of the 1er corps

canons de 12 : 2
canons de 6 : 22
canons de 3 : 6
obusiers de 4 p. 6 lig : 6

alltogether 36 guns (6 used as reserve)

Now my questions :

What kind of guns did the gunners use - stil the Hannoverian ones (indicating 3 pound and 6 pound guns) or in case of cannons - already an 11 for pièces de 6 (in case - when did those replace the Hannoverian guns?)

Also - Senarmont speaks of completly different calibres, naming 4 pound canons while Songis gives 3 pound canons and the same thing for the howitzer - Senarmont 5 pouces 7 lignes in contrast to 4 pouces 6 lignes of Songis.

My hope rests with Paul Dawson and Dr. Stephen Summerfield who both did extensive research (including archival ones in SHAT) - maybe they could come up with an answer.

As for sources, I would like those who answer - to cite "accademical" - author, name of work, date of publishing and page number.

Messages In This Thread

Senarmont's guns at Friedland
Senarmont or Sénarmont?
Re: Senarmont
Simply Spelling Senarmont
Re: Simply Spelling Senarmont
More confusion
Re: More confusion