Napoleon Series Archive 2009

British Army Establishments

I hope this is not considered as advertising, as I will make nothing personally from it.

For those who are interested in such detail, the first part of my article on "British Army Establishments during the Napoleonic Wars" has been published in the Summer 2009 edition of the Journal of the Society for Army Historical Research (Volume Eighty-Seven - Number 350). For those who are not members, or cannot view a library copy, it may be possible to order copies from the Society by contacting Colonel Guy Sayle OBE, c/o The Cavalry and Guards Club, 127 Picadilly, London W1J 7PX or e-mail guysayle@hotmail.com.

As many will be aware this article is the result of considerable research and analysis of the original manuscript documents in the National Archives at Kew, near London. The first part of the article covers infantry, that is: Foot Guards, Regiments of Foot, Colonial Regiments (ie New South Wales, Canadian Fencibles, West Indies etc) and Foreign Regiments (ie King's German Legion, Roll, Dillon, Watteville, Chasseurs Britanniques etc). The second part of the article will be published in the Autumn or Winter edition and covers cavalry, artillery, engineers and supporting units.

I would encourage anyone who is interested in the history of the British Army to join the society. Membership is 30 per year and this gives four quarterly Journals. Details can be obtained from Guy Sayle.

Rod

Messages In This Thread

British Army Establishments