Napoleon Series Archive 2010

Re: Citations...
In Response To: Citations... ()

A lot of the reference citations appear to have slipped through in my typing of the forum postings.

I have looked at the casting details for the AnXI guns and a lot were cast and huge numbers were used 1813 and 1814.Large numbers were used in 1812. In Balance AnXI guns out numbered Gribeauval in the russian campaign and very few Gribeauval were used after 1812.

The AnXI reforms, also encompassed changes to organisation of personnell, an overhaul of education, battery organisation etc. To my mind that is a complete artillery system as it addressed all areas of artillery other than the material. The reform was to be as thorough as Gribeauval. This was all looked at again in 1810. 1810 seems to be a crucial year in the French army as a lot of changes were implemented.

I Agree without Gribeauval their would not have been AnXI. Manson took Gribeauval guns one step further in Bavaria, and AnXI built on both Bavarian and Gribeauval. Saxony and Wurtemberg built on AnXI changes. Allix in Westphalia built on his own ideas developed in Piedmont c.1800.

Messages In This Thread

bavarian artillery
A Question or Two...
Re: A Question or Two...
Citations...
Re: Bavarian artillery.
Re: Bavarian artillery.