Spanish Cannon c. 1812 (?):
This long cannon was originally mounted at Fort St. John (known as 'Spanish Fort'). It was used in the American defenses at the Battle of New Orleans in 1815 and then once again defended the city against Admiral Farragut's fleet in 1862. It was sunk in Bayou St. John after the city's capture, but was raised in 1872 in order to return it to Spanish Fort as a display piece.
The Louisiana State Museum, New Orleans. Gift of Fritz Jahncke (acc. 01775)
Museum Web page: