French Order-of-Battle during the Golymin and Pultusk Campaign: 2e Division de Dragons
By Greg Gorsuch
SITUATION AU 15 DÉCEMBRE
SITUATION EN JANVIER
2e Division de Dragons
Généraux Milet, Roget.
3e de dragons, Col. Grézard.
6e — Col. Lebrun.
10e — Col. Domanget.
11e — Col. Bourbier
Même situation quen décembre.
Artillerie. 2e. régt à cheval, 2e cie ½
Train. 2e bon bis, 2e cie
Detachments that could join in a convenient time to take part in the operations of the December campaign.
2nd Division of Dragoons
The 3rd Dragoons received, on its passage to Frankfurt-on-the Oder (depot of Major Lambert), a mounted detachment of 136 men, having left from Versailles between 12 and 15 September.
The 6th Dragoons, received on its passage to Frankfurt, a detachment of 85 men coming from the dissolution of the foot dragoons, mounted in Potsdam and started out on November 10.
The 10th Dragoons did not receive anyone; it did not have a company from the foot regiments; the grand depot was in Abbeville and was to provide a squadron to the reserve of the army from the coast, in Bologna.
The 11th Dragoons received a detachment of 80 men coming from the dissolution of the foot dragoons, mounted in Potsdam and started out on November 22. This detachment is not included in the situation presented for December 15th; but it is shown on the situation of the 2nd Corps of Reserve Cavalry for the date of December 25.
All these detachments, forming a reinforcement of approximately 300 horses, could have taken part in the December campaign.
November 18, two detachments of 144 men of 10th and 11th Dragoons were established around Berlin, in the village of Rosenthal, to await the passage of their regiments there. (Report of General Belliear to the Major General.) They may very well came from the men and the horses tired or wounded which had not been able to follow in the pursuit, and were independent of the 80 dragoons of the 11th mounted in Potsdam.
Foucart, P. Campagne de Pologne: Novembre-décembre 1806-Janvier 1807. Paris: Libraire Militaire Berger-Levralt & Co.; 1882.