British & Hanoverian Contingents of the Allied
Occupation Army in post- Waterloo France
In a General Order of 30th November, 1815, The Duke of
Wellington formed these two contingents of the Allied Army
Commander-in-Chief: Field Marshal 1st Duke of
Quartermaster-General: Lt General Sir George
Adjutant-General: Major General Sir Edward
Commander, Royal Artillery: Brevet Colonel Sir
Cavalry: Lt General Sir Stapleton Cotton, 1st
- 1st Cavalry Brigade: Major General Lord Edward
- 1st Dragoon Guards
- 2nd Dragoons Guards
- 3rd Dragoons
- 2nd Cavalry Brigade: Major General Sir Hussey Vivian
- 7th Hussars
- 12th Light Dragoons
- 18th Hussars
- 3rd Cavalry Brigade: Major General Sir Colquhoun
- 11th Light Dragoons
- 13th Light Dragoons
- 15th Hussars
Infantry: Lt General Sir Rowland Hill, 1st Baron
- 1st Division: Lt General Sir Galbraith Lowry Cole
- 1st Brigade: Major General Sir Peregrine Maitland
- 1st Foot Guards, 3rd Battalion
- Coldstream Foot Guards, 2nd Battalion;
- 7th Brigade: Major General Sir James Kempt
- 7th Royal Fusiliers, 1st Bn.
- 23rd Fusiliers
- 43rd Light Infantry, 1st Bn.
- 8th Brigade: Major General Sir John Lambert
- 27th Foot, 1st Bn.
- 40th Foot, 1st Bn.
- 95th Rifles, 1st Bn.
- 2nd Division: Lt Genral Sir Henry Clinton
- 3rd Brigade: Major General Sir Robert O'Callaghan
- 3rd Foot, 1st Bn.
- 39th Foot, 1st Bn.
- 91st Foot, 1st Bn.
- 4th Brigade: Major General Sir Denis Pack
- 4th Foot, 1st Bn.
- 52nd Light Infantry, 1st Bn.
- 79th Highlanders, 1st Bn.
- 6th Brigade: Major General Sir Thomas Bradford
- 6th Foot, 1st Bn.
- 29th Foot
- 71st Light Infantry, 1st Bn.
- 3rd Division: Lt General Sir Charles Colville
- 2nd Brigade: Major General Sir Manley Power
- 1st Foot, 3rd Bn.
- 57th Foot, 1st Bn.
- 95th Rifles, 2nd Bn.
- 5th Brigade: Major General Sir Thomas Brisbane
- 5th Foot, 1st Bn.
- 9th Foot, 1st Bn.
- 21st Fusiliers, 1st Bn.
- 9th Brigade: Major General Sir John Keane
- 81st Foot, 1st Bn.
- 88th Foot, 1st Bn.
Artillery and Engineers:
- Royal Horse Artillery: G Troop; H Troop; I Troop
- Foot Batteries
- Royal Engineers and Royal Sappers and Miners: Lt
Colonel John Burgoyne
- 2nd Battalion: 4th Company; 5th Company; 8th
- 3rd Battalion: 1st Company
- 4th Battalion: 2nd Company
Hanoverian Contingent: Lt General Sir Karl, Graf
Chief-of-Staff: Major Andreas von Schlutter
Cavalry: Prince Regent's Hussars
Artillery: von Rettberg's Foot Battery
Infantry: Major General Sir James Lyon
- 1st Brigade: Brevet Colonel Hugh Halkett
- Field Battalions: Luneburg; Grubenhagen; 1st Duke
- 2nd Brigade: Colonel August Berger
- Field Battalions: Bremen; Verden; Calenberg
Connolly, T.W.J. History of the Royal Sappers &
Duncan, F. History of the Royal Regiment of
Egerton, T. General Orders, Portugal, Spain &
France Volume 7; 1815.
Porter, Whitworth History of the Corps of Royal
2nd Duke of Wellington. Supplementary Dispatches &
Memoranda of Field Marshal the Duke of Wellington